General

1. Live preview Option... please!

Hi,

As you can use Write! to do Markup it would be nice to have a Live Preview option to see how it is displaying. Check out the Brackets Editor Live Preview Extension here: https://github.com/gruehle/MarkdownPreview for some ideas how to get it working. Live preview for all work would be better. ;-)

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add option to transparently show the markup syntax but still retain the formatting in the editor

I work with markdown, and I think it is super annoying that I have to do hotkeys to apply formatting. I want to type markdown, and have it format on the fly, while still showing the syntax. This is useful when I want to write comments or blog posts. I don't necessarily want a local copy of the file, I want to use Write! as a writing tool.

I know this might go against your app philosophy (simplicity, markup independence, etc. which _really_ sets your app apart), so I'll accept some compromises.
    At least, you should enable a way to…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. What about localization?

I'm available for providing Italian one!

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion, however we are not planning to translate the app in the nearest future.

4. Glyph replacements

Like the double-dash is already replaced by an en-dash, it woud be nice to have the correct glyphs for quotes, apostrophe,s ellipses, etc. inserted automatically.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Autocomplete quotes

Much like how you can autocomplete single/double quotes and braces in programming tools, a quote autocomplete feature here would be extremely useful. Especially for folks who intend to use this for writing scripts where you use use quotes a lot (and that would be my primary use as well).

The desired behavior would be such that when you type a single/double quote, it automatically writes the second one and puts the cursor inbetween the two.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Middle click scrolling

Middle click scroll. Very much like middle click scrolling works in internet browsers. It's far from an essential thing but it's a feature I always love to have when navigating through volumes of text, and I could see it being handy here.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I understand it’s not the same thing, but you can try dragging the text with your mouse while holding Ctrl key. So Ctrl + Left Click on text + Drag Up/Down.

7. Markdown exportation and ghost blog interaction

Exportation to Markdown syntax.
    Ghost blog interaction.
    Love the soft, keep it up!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are already working Markdown syntax. We realize that Textile is not enough. ETA is mid-November. As for integration with blogging platforms, we have that on our list for 2015, but in all honesty Ghost is not a the top of our list. Wordpress is.

1 2 15 16 17 19 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base