I suggest you ...

Is Write project alive?

No updates since May. Facebook frozen in March.

49 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
MJ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People who are still loyal to the app have two reasons:
    - It's pretty good
    - Ulysses devs don't like Windows

Consider upping the yearly subscription price. A lot of people will pay a yearly subscription if they know someone is working on the app.

• cadows commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Happy Hamster so, are you alive (even tho the website is down?) It would be a shame if it would die. Its one of the best apps ive used sofar.

• MJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Happy Hamster A first sign of life here. Nevertheless, the website is dead and cloud is erratic.

• Kael de Oliveira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really am surprised! As such a Project could disappear and we leave without any explanation! I happened to love Writer! And I have not found any application that compares to it ... I'm really very sad! I'm backing up the app to run it off and when I need to put it on another notebook ... Meanwhile I'm looking for other options

@Panos

Seems so.

The logging problems experienced in December are gone. Everything seems to be operational.

But still no software updates.

Cannot log in... 500:Internal Server Error

Cannot sync new notes.

Can we declare Write! dead?

It would be sad.

• baris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I gave up this app even I had paid and was considerably satisfied with it. Sad to see the situation of such a nice idea but it is enough to wake up and wonder if the website is still there and check.

• Felix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Anonymous: For me login via writeapp.co/account works – and there, under "My Stuff" you can download all your documents.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This highly aggrevating. I just had to reinstall my computer and had no backup of my Write! Files. Now i can't log in and access my files or download the app. This needs to be fixed. I need my files!

Great, according to some company checkers like Datalog Write! is developed by Retro United LTD which is a shell company directed by the same guy (Remigijus Mikalauskas) that runs – with his partner – three dozen other shell companies from his flat in 18/2 Royston Mains Street, Edinburgh EH5 1LB: https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34445201

The domain writeapp.co is hosted in France. There is only one document from 2015 about the finances of Retro United LTD: http://www.datalog.co.uk/browse/company_report.php/SC490409/Prod223_1718_SC490409_20151130.pdf -- the only interesting information that I got was assets of 100 Pound and the company's director

Oh damn, now the website's down, too. We can't even recover our files now.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base